Pet Health Products: Changing Channels
A new research study from Brakke Consulting is mapping the changing dynamics of pet product distribution and retailing, especially health and nutrition products.
Pet Health Products: Changing Channels aims to show how pet owner purchasing patterns are changing in light of new sales channels, as well as new ways to obtain veterinary services.
The new Brakke study includes nationally representative surveys of 1,000 pet owners and 500 veterinarians. Findings will be segmented by pet owner purchaser segments, regions of the country and type of veterinary service provider.
Among topics covered in the pet owner research are:
• Where are pet owners purchasing health and nutrition-related products, at what frequency and at what spending level?
• Has their preferred channel changed within the last year, and how?
• How important are convenience, online ordering and home delivery?
• Does where they get their veterinary services impact where they buy products?
• What role does the veterinarian play in influencing brand choice, regardless of purchase location?
Topics covered in the veterinarian survey include:
• Percentage of revenue from product sales
• Impact of outside services (Chewy, 1800PetMeds, etc.) on product sales
• Availability of online sales and home delivery through practice
• Sales volume of home delivered products, and trends
• Service providers used, if any
• Satisfaction with service providers
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.