Pharmacy sales represent an important component of a veterinary clinic’s revenues. In today’s competitive environment, veterinarians increasingly need to offer innovative, convenient solutions to successfully compete with online pet pharmacies and retail sources.
How are veterinarians serving clients who prefer to order products online or by telephone? What are the trends in writing prescriptions for online pharmacies? How many clinics have online stores, and which online services providers are they utilizing? Brakke Consulting answers these questions and more in a new, focused multi-client report.
Developed from the data collected for Brakke’s biannual Distributor Effectiveness Study, the Veterinary Practice Home Delivery Report contains key information about companion animal veterinarians’ approach to providing the convenience in purchasing veterinary products demanded by their clients. The 20-page report, based on data from over 1,100 companion animal practice respondents, includes:
- Practice and Respondent demographics including practice gross revenue, annual product purchases per practice, respondent role in practice, respondent gender, Full-Time Equivalent veterinarians per practice
- How veterinarians address clients’ preference for online or phone ordering
- Frequency of prescriptions written for online retailers
- Percentage of clinics with an online store, clients’ use of clinic’s online store, and annual sales volume through the online store
- Online store/home delivery providers used, including market shares
- Performance ratings for the three leading home delivery providers – VetSource, Vet’s First Choice and My VetStore Online/JAT – for six attributes including overall performance
In addition to the aggregate data from over 1,100 companion animal veterinarians, the data is presented by region and by practice size. Comparisons to responses in previous reports (2015 and 2013) are also included. Click here to see a list of figures from the report.
For more information, contact project manager Lynn Fondon at email@example.com or 336-396-3916.